Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oaty licious pancakes

Over the past 2 weeks I've begun tracking my calorie intake. While a friend was recently in town (Jimmy) he was helping my figure out my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Mine happens to be around 2270. This means I need to put in 2,270 wholesome calories in order to break even with what my body burns doing daily activity.
If I workout that day, then I add however many calories that workout burned. That would be to stay at my current weight. To lose weight, I eat a little lest, and to gain wait....well you get the picture.
I'm using myfitnesspal.com to do all these calculations. It's pretty interesting to start learning what nutritional and caloric value is in my daily food. I have found myself drastically altering what I am normally eating in order to get in my goals. Which are the following:

Calories: 2400
Carbs: 300
Fat: 53
Protein: 180
Sugar: 53
Fiber: 40

As you can imagine, the fat and sugar are easy to get. The calories and protein however aren't.

I found a recipe this morning for oaty pancakes and here's the recipe. For a healthy pancake alternative, they were pretty darn good.

Dry Ingrdients:
2/3 Cup Old fashioned Oatmeal (not instant)
1/3 Bobs five grain rolled hot cereal
many sprinkles of cinnamon
1 tbsp Baking soda
dash of salt

Wet:
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup soy milk

Nutritional Content:
Calories: 535
Cabrs: 30
Fat: 18
Protein: 29
Sugar: 5
Fiber: 12

Makes 7 pancakes (1/4 in size each)
Yum

1 comment: