Sunday, April 26, 2009

B-day weekend

First b-day back in Jax = Fantastic. Here's a quick run down of my weekend activities.

Friday - started out lame. Got better with evening plans. Erin and I went to Pastiche, which is by FAR my favorite restaurant in Jax. It's less than a mile from my house and it's owned by this local couple, who are always there. They have a seasonal menu and use mostly all local or seasonal ingredients. Afterward we went to the Five Points Theater which is an old night club and fixture of Jacksonville. It's now a movie theater and gets the more independent shows. We saw Sunshine Cleaners, which was fantastic.

Saturday - We woke up and took Charlie out to the Riverside Arts Market which was so fun. All local vendors showing their wares for sale. The weather was good and the people were great. It made me remember what southern hospitality is all about. As we were walking out we passed a cop who was holding traffic for people to cross the street and she had a beignet in her hand. Turns out someone had bought one for her. Love it. Following we went to our neighbors kids 1 year old birthday party and then had my entire family over for dinner. Erin did SUCH a good job of entertaining for everyone. It was so nice for me to have all them over having a good time.

Sunday - We went to my niece's soccer game this afternoon and I have the farmers tan to prove it. It was adorable to see all these little girls being competitive with each other. For a moment, I thought I might be able to handle a daughter :) That evening we joined our group of friends for some dinner at Bistro AIX. Company was fantastic but the food was less than. Skip that place and head to pastiche.

Such a fulfilling weekend. I am totally fuelled up and ready for this week. We are going to see Ray Lamontagne in concert on Tuesday - I'll be sure to post my thoughts about that guy. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment