Friday, March 20, 2009

Cycle Jax

Yesterday afternoon/evening I went on a local bike ride with a group I found on meetup.com (Thanks Moretz!). This road bike group is comprised of mostly women who live to cycle.

It had been about three months since I'd mounted my two wheeled friend and man-o-shevitz did it feel great. Thursday night in Jax is bridge night. All the local cycle shops have their own groups that come out and do bridge loops over the Acosta bridge and back. It ended up being about a 25 mile ride total.

It felt so good to stretch my legs and let them do their thing. I was a bit worried that I might have forgotten how to ride (silly, I know). It actually felt like slipping into an old comfortable pair of shoes.

A shout out goes to my canadian friend Dee who hung with me when I got a flat. Great people, and I look forward to heading back out.

2 comments: