Saturday, March 28, 2009

the nasty face

I made a facebook/twitter assertion the other day about not understanding my complete ignorance of Stevie Ray Vaughn's brilliance.

I'm home today, doing home things, and I've got it playing through the house. It's actually ridiculous how good it is and it makes me a bit mad that I had no knowledge of this man's music. Sure, I'd heard the name....but are you even kidding?

I guess I'm mad on two levels. One - that I'd been starved of the perma-nasty-face it gives me. Two - that all of you out there, who call yourselves my friends, who are as passionate as I am about music, didn't mention this!!!!

I had to wait until a blues playing, deep south, real estate teacher named Steven Walt mentioned in class on day how good it was. I had to hear it from someone else. Don't you know this is the cardinal rule in relationships?! Just tell me yourself - sure, I'll be dissapointed but at least you were honest with me. Sinners

Miffed and Flustered,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment