Monday, March 9, 2009

Thin Mints

I just got back from a walk up to Publix. We needed garlic and hamburger buns.

There it was, the girl scout table. I said that I would buy some on the way out. So, as I promised myself I stopped at the table on the way out. There were three people

- a mom with a fanny pack
- Girl #1 in plain clothes
- Girl #2 in the outfit.

I walked up and mom said hi, the other two girls had their backs to me. Mom asked if she could help me, and THEN the girls turned around. I said, of course I'll have to take a box of thin mints. The girl handed me the box and I handed her a $20.

Maybe I'm getting old -

Mom took the money. She began counting out change and I said, don't worry about the .50 (they were 2.50 a box), just give me even change. She fumbled with the money for a while counting out fives and ones.

d: it'll just be 17 in change (and then she handed me 16) oop - one more dollar.
m: oh I know, you messed me up when you said 17.
d: oh yea? I messed you up when I said 17? I get it. Have a nice day.

Problems with the above: The daughters didn't have to deal with money. Mom didn't even know how to deal with money. I'm not great with math, and in fact i hated it until I realized how much fun it is to count money.

What's happening these days? I bet they took credit cards...

2 comments:

  1. that's kinda funny considering our conversation last night about a certain someone not liking math either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if you talk to people while theyre counting what do you expect!?

    ReplyDelete