Monday, March 30, 2009

crack and a boom

Two nights ago Erin and I had dinner at my sisters house. We had just picked Lisa and family up from her trip to Europe and decided to all go to Deb's to have some grub. We all sat and chatted about their trip, the baby (my sisters), our upcoming trip to europe, march madness, the dow and so on.
Right before we left the bottom dropped out. Huge cracks of thunder, and lightning that lit up the whole neighborhood. As Erin and I were driving home we had to cross the river at a point where it's 1 mile wide. We got to watch this thunderstorm roll in as we drove over the St. Johns and lightning surged sideways like veins through the sky. It was so comforting for some reason. We got home and Charlie was a bit freaked out - he couldn't understand why the lights outside kept coming on and off.
I tell you what though, my head hit my pillow, and I don't remember ever sleeping so soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment