Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kate Monster Vs. Business Monster

In this analogy Kate monster will be everyone out there that has the ability to live paycheck to paycheck and still enjoy life to the absolute fullest.
Business monster will be all those people out there that are go, go, go, and don't ever stop to appreciate life (most of those people don't have pets by the way).

I was standing at the bank today with my dad, setting up a new account for a property, while his phone begins ringing about a closing we have tomorrow. I continue to set up the account and wait for him to get off the phone - as soon as he does we are able to proceed with getting the account set up. We then go talk to the senior commercial lender just to get to know her and his phone rings more (he doesn't pick it up this time). As we stroll outside my dad vents to me about how ridiculous it is that the attorney dealing with the closing we are going to tomorrow is calling NOW to tell us of all this other information he needs BEFORE tomorrow. "Someone's not doing there job, and it really frosts me", he says.

If you've gotten this far then you will be rewarded with the point of my story. I was once a Business monster. Today, while at the bank I saw my dad being a business monster. My wife is more of a Kate monster. This makes coming home a really nice place to be. We have a dog, charlie, and are about to get another (so he has a sister to play with). This makes us a Kate monster family. So my goal is to work hard like a Business monster and play hard like a Kate monster. This shouldn't be too hard to do since I've got my own business and it's with my pops. However, if you ever see me around town being a Business monster, tell me to take a breath and channel my inner Kate monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment