Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Averaging In

Ever since we moved to Florida I've been seeing a chiropractor to try and kick this bum back. It's been great and it's helped quite a bit. Part of the Chiro's orders were to slow up on the workouts AND NO RUNNING. This was tough for me - running is a sort of my 'therapy'. I got through it and continued to do the the ChaLean Extreme program. I got through 3/4 of it before I had to leave for Europe, at which point everything even closely related to healthy living halted.
Upon my return I considered finishing the ChaLean program, but since I was SO far from being in the zone I figured it wouldn't do much good.
So I've elected to start a classic round of P90X again. I was reading Straight Dope,which is Steve Edwards blog, and he brought up a really interesting theory about getting back into training. It helped me see that I take a very "gung ho" attitude about working out - which often left me totally burned out early on and even promoted injury and back flare up.
So I'm two days in to the program and already I can feel myself being much, much more aware of my body. I'm giving my back reprieve on all the exercises where I previously jumped into without regard.
I can feel my body responding well. It's obvious that I am not in as good of condition as before my last tri (post P90x). I am however responding much quicker than my initial round of training (over a year ago). I'll post some continual updates as to how things are coming along. It's definitely a commitment, 6 days a week @ 60-80 min per workout. I'd like to get back into Tri shape - and might get there by the end of this current season....we shall see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment