Sunday, May 31, 2009

IPA

I don't know why, but I've never been into IPA beer before. I've tried it a few times, more than a few actually. Muddy Buddy always serves Red Hook IPA in the post-race beer garden, and even a tap served, ice cold one after a romp in the mud didn't do it for me.
Like most things though, I think they just take time to appreciate. The same thing occurred with scotch for me, and then bourbon. I bought a bottle (one recommended to me from a friend who knew their spirits) and got through the whole thing before passing judgment. It took me months, but by the end of the bottle I had really come to look forward to a glass.
So, IPA has now fallen into that category. One I had to work for. When I asked Erin to pick up something fun from Publix she bought a sixer of Full Sail IPA. I worked through that six pack and by the end, really enjoyed it. Maybe it's Florida, maybe its the heat, and maybe it's just my evolving taste buds. I'm now working my way through a six pack of Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Double Yum.

I look forward to all my future finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment