Friday, May 22, 2009

Chickens, Doves, and Goats

Being home has given me the opportunity to spend a lot more time with my dad. Making up for lost time, I guess you could say.

It's fun to learn new things about someone like your dad, someone that you thought you knew everything about. Funny, because it's the small stuff that makes me smile the most.

I learned for example, when growing up in the Caribbean, he had doves, dogs, cats, goats, turkeys, roosters and chickens. The chickens he loved the most. Someone gave him a a handful for Easter (who does that?!) and he would look after them and collect their eggs. It makes me want chickens one day. Neat.

1 comment:

  1. CNN and NPR both had a storis yesterday about the rise in Backyard Poultry. I plan on getting chickens as soon as I have a yard.

    ReplyDelete