Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My donation to the Mormons

Day one - end

Exhausted. We drove almost 800 miles and made it to Grand Junction, CO. That's 5 states in one day. The evening ended with a decent meal (for road food) from Olive Garden. Let me rewind though....

The day began with lots of mixed emotions. Waking up at 5AM after 4+ hours of sleep, leaving lake balboa for the last time, saying goodbye to our old apartment in the dark, our last cup of coffee bean and tea leaf for at least a few months, the upswell of excitement at what lies ahead and the satisfaction that we have the best friends anywhere and everywhere, hands down.

Moving along to a little Artie Lange Too Fat to Fish audiobook, plowing through vegetable chips, chocolate covered almonds, and grooving at a nice clip through bumble Utah thats when I saw it happen. I got zapped by the local mormon fuzz. I don't even remember the town, and neither does Erin at this point, and I'm definitely too comfortable to go get the ticket. I will say though, he had to be the coolest fuzz ever - i was doing 11 over and he cited me for 5 over, which doesn't warrant a report to the DMV and therefore my insurance. Just a simple $85 check to the mormon church and i'm good. I can even pay by credit card over the phone. :)

Today was all in all fantastic though. I turned to Erin and said, "I couldn't be happier". I really couldn't - road trippin with my best friend and partner, and our dog - so much fun. I am truly very lucky for all in my life.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I am exhausted and stoked for a bed tonight. The last three nights of floor sleep took it's toll. Let's see what my pillow menu has to offer....do I want medium down or firm synthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment