Monday, January 12, 2009

My First time

This is my first post on my first blog. Period.

I have to give inspirational credit to Rebecca (sunshineoftheday). I began reading her newly published blog and thought to myself, what a great way to keep in touch with someone.

So I decided to create this blog to document my life as I leave LA and enter my next book. I don't know that I'll post every day, but my goal is to post frequently and keep it short and concise. Little pearls and (coffee)nips from my day.



What I'll miss about LA
The O'Vallarta
Balboa Park
cash and kipi
our family
santa monica mountain range
Jinky's
more than waffles
copious amounts of thai delivery
Arclight
sunny lake balboa
pee on the stairs
readily available cholula
big bear
coffee bean
watching football at 10AM
dr. Pitt
the three bearded guys
the habit
Coral cafe (not Corral)

From Erin:
Occasionally I will add a post to the end of Dave's, if you don't mind. While I am going to miss the hell out of LA and my LA family, there are some things I won't miss.

What I Won't Miss about L.A.:
the 405
the 101
shmoozing
$12 well drinks
28 different directions and rules on parking signs and the parking ticket you get either way
pretentious waiters

keeping bikes in the spare bedroom so they don't get stolen
really bad theatre
Arco doesn't take credit cards
the "you're killing me larry" guy
parallel parking
(still can't do it)
rent
(did I mention the 101?)
Dallas Raines and Johnny Mountain
santa ana winds and the subsequent nosebleeds
getting lost in skid row
no backyard
hollywood
getting off work at 4 and getting home at 6

P.S. He forgot to mention how much we'll miss Trader Joe's.


3 comments:

  1. You guys are awesome. I'll be an avid reader!

    And what the hell is "the habit". Sounds dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "your killing me larry" LOL!! Ahhh so true pain-ful. But what about "I wouldn't have gotten a Lemon? At Toyota of Orange."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The habit is a hamburger joint -yum.

    ReplyDelete