Saturday, January 31, 2009

My first "outing"

So yesterday I ran out to our local Sam's club to pick up some essentials for the house. I'd been cleaning/unpacking/fixing all day and needed to get out.

As I pulled up to Sams and got out of my car a guy in a maroon corvette drove past. He had spikey hair and full sleeve tats, windows down, music on low. Being me, the car grabbed my eye - was it a Z06?, was it manual?, etc....all things that could qualify how much of a man this guy was. As it passed me, I noticed the guy shaking his head, which I couldn't tell if it was directed at me or perhaps something else he just heard or saw. I walked down the parking lot aisle, with my cart, and he was at the end of it waiting to turn in front of the store. A car had pulled in on the intersecting lane, so I looked in the car (to verify that it was a manual) and he nodded at me which I took as a cue to go in front of him. So I did - and then he proceeded to make a right which would force him to drive past once again.

At this point he is driving at the speed I am walking. I did not dare to look over so as to not instigate anything that might just be easier left alone. I go do my shopping and about 45 min. later come out to my car, load up, and start to pull out when I notice this on my windshield.

7 years in Los Angeles, and this never happened to me once. 24 hours in jacksonville and wham.

2 comments:

  1. are you kidding me? Dude. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. The most surprising thing about this story is that it never happened in LA....so did you call him?

    ReplyDelete